By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Team building :)

Staff Moderator

Hi there! I have 2 questions: 1. How did you end up in the Skype on Xbox team? and 2. Do you have funny nicknames or fun stories to share?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
↓ Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others. Thanks! ↓
Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
3 Replies
Staff

It's really an awesome group of folks to work with!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Staff

I've worked as a designer on loads of Skype apps over the years, from TV's to cellphones, then most recently on HoloLens and now Xbox. There's always been new devices where people want to use Skype, and hearing the stories how people, friends and families stay connected with it make it all the more rewarding.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Staff

I worked on the Skype UWP for Desktop, Skype for HoloLens (including getting Skype working from the International Space Station) before working on Skype for Xbox.  No funny nicknames, but I used to be able to whistle the two tones used to tell a 2400 baud modem it was connected.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation