By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype to skype wants $4.99

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I downloaded Skype for iphone 5, husband downloaded Skype for his Android.  We were on my mifi  since we do not have a cell signal at the house doing a test call supposedly a "skype to skype" and it wants $4.99.  I thought that it was free.

I also tried a Skype on iphone to a landline and it wants $4.99.  I thought that this was free too.  Help.

Message 1 of 4 (1,023 Views)
3 Replies
Community Ambassador
Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Calls to landlines and mobile phones incur a charge.
--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 2 of 4 (1,015 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Trying to make a skype account to skype account mobile phone call and skype wants $4.99 for the call.  It's supposed to be free.  Is this a scam?  Or, what are the steps to make a call? 

Message 3 of 4 (941 Views)
Community Manager
Please take a look here to see what's free and what costs a little: http://www.skype.com/en/what-is-skype/

If what you find on that page to be contradicting what you were expecting: Can you please explain where you learned that calls from Skype to mobile phones were supposed to be free?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 4 of 4 (935 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation