By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

ipad 3 video problem

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
I have the 3rd generation iPad and can't select video calling. My sister is in Australia, come on Skype, help us!!!!!!!
Message 11 of 60 (8,772 Views)
Novel Tourist
Same ploblem: unable to do video call. The camera doesn't work on my new iPad3. Please help! I may return my iPad3 if I can't use Skype video call on it. =(
Message 12 of 60 (8,664 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer
Hello everyone, I looked at the Skype, version 3.8, description in the App Store. Based on the description, the video on the iPad Skype only on works on the first generation. Go figure! I guess this is why Skype has not taken the time to respond to us. Very poor customer service! What do you think?
Message 13 of 60 (8,649 Views)
Novel Tourist
I had the same problem on the ipad3. I found that if I sent a request to Skype to a person through my regular PC, when he accepted, the video worked fine on the ipad3 for a video call.
Message 14 of 60 (8,597 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Great idea. I have sent out my requests. I'll let you know if it works for me. Thanks.
Message 15 of 60 (8,581 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I think that you are absolutely right on this. I'm having the exact same issue on my new iPad. I've been reading a number of these postings and the same issues are popping up everywhere. The question is...what now ? I need to find a way to get an answer to this problem. All I wanna know is if and when it's going to get resolved.
Message 16 of 60 (8,517 Views)
KJH
Novel Tourist
Does anybody have a solution to this problem for the iPad 3?
Message 17 of 60 (7,961 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have the ipad3 and at first I can make calls and we can hear each other but won't allow me to make video calls after a few calls trying to figure out the problem....now when I call it says I need Skype credits????
Message 18 of 60 (7,958 Views)
Novel Tourist

Could you tell e how did you installed skype on the iPad? I did try to download it and Safari "said" that it cannot download that software. FConti

Message 19 of 60 (7,927 Views)
Novel Tourist
My i can only use messaging but no video. When can Skype bridge it appli to iPad 3
Message 20 of 60 (7,739 Views)
Discussion Stats