By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

iPhone 4S - Multi-cast video conference

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I would like to multi-cast a wedding to 2 remote Skype PC users from my iPhone 4S, is this doable?

Thank you,

Carlos R.

Message 1 of 8 (6,191 Views)
7 Replies
Former Ambassador

No, not feasible as it is more than the maximum, one-to-one.

Message 2 of 8 (6,023 Views)
Casual Tourist

Message 3 of 8 (5,791 Views)
Staff

Hi, 

Unfortunately Skype for iPhone does not support initiating conference calls and it is also not possible to host or participate in a group video call. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Message 4 of 8 (5,701 Views)
Casual Adventurer
That is not a solution. That's a let down. I've looked at near enough every post on these forums and the infrequency of solutions is really quite astounding. Do you not have engineers or support staff? Is it just moderators? I suppose it is vital that we keep these ever so useful networks clean and friendly, god forbid someone might actually stagger here looking for answers.
Message 5 of 8 (5,686 Views)
Staff

Unfortunately for the problem you stated there is no solution with mobile Skype clients. If you wish to multicast an event to other parties then you need a PC or a Mac with Skype 5.x installed upon it, in order to make video calls. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Message 6 of 8 (5,657 Views)
Novel Tourist
Well, with the popularity of Skype on mobile phones you think they would make this crystal clear before selling me the upgrade to Pro. Now I have to go cancel that. Jim
Message 7 of 8 (3,761 Views)
Novel Tourist

you're complaining that a phillips screwdriver is unsuitable for flat head screws. grow up & use one of the many suitable technologies out there, such as ustream.

Message 8 of 8 (1,676 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation