By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

iPad can't HEAR and the volume button doesn't seem to work

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
I travel for work a lot and have a young family at home. I bought an iPad and installed Skype and also bought a new computer with camera et al for home. Our calls work---we can see each other, and my family at home can hear me, but I cannot hear them on my iPad. I'm wondering if it is because my volume is at zero. Whenever I hit the volume button at the bottom of my screen, nothing happens: there's no thermometer. What should I do?
Message 1 of 8 (18,399 Views)
7 Replies
Esteemed Adventurer
Ensure your iPad volume is set to maximum and the speaker at the bottom of the Skype screen is on ( not on Bluetooth). Tell your family to set the computer microphone "ON" and maximum ( through instant message).
Message 2 of 8 (18,393 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have a similar issue, im using a PC and my mum is using an IPad. On a video call, I can see and hear her, but she can only see me - she cant hear me. She can hear the IPad ring, so some sound is working, just not my voice......? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) 

Message 3 of 8 (18,384 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer
Do you use the microphone of the webcam or the headset ? On the setting of the Skype choose the right source of your microphone.
Message 4 of 8 (18,377 Views)
Novel Adventurer

built in laptop mic and camera - using skype with others everything works ok, just when trying to use the IPad

Message 5 of 8 (18,360 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer
Ipad2 also has built in microphone and camera and speaker, so the problem is the setting. Ensure the volume of the ipad2 is set to maximum and at the bottom of the SKYPE screen speaker next to the red telephone is chosen.
Message 6 of 8 (18,339 Views)
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (18,317 Views)

ipad volume unable to increase

Message 8 of 8 (15,299 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation