By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how do i use a bluetooth headset with skype mobile for iphone 4?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

right now skype mobile on my iphone 4 doesn't seem to utilize my bluetooth headset even when its paired. how do i get it to use the headset?

Message 1 of 8 (2,754 Views)
7 Replies
Former Staff

At this time Skype for iPhone does not support bluetooth headsets at all. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
Message 2 of 8 (2,650 Views)
Casual Adventurer
As of today. The newest version of Skype iOS now supports BT headsets
Message 3 of 8 (2,637 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It certainly does not. I've tried three BT headsets. None work in Skype. All work in other iPhone apps.

Message 4 of 8 (2,125 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Any news on this? I have the same problem with Skype Mobile on Android. Seems like it should be a basic feature for a mobile app so people can use Skype Mobile while shopping or driving their car hands free.

Message 5 of 8 (2,063 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi glatourette,

There is a separate post by Skype asking for user feedback on this problem, including the headsets that are involved. I'm hoping the more of us that give feedback, the more chance there is of it being fixed.

Message 6 of 8 (2,054 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks - I don't see the link to that other post in your reply. Can you share it with us?

Message 7 of 8 (2,036 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (2,025 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation