By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

do you have to buy a skype number

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

have set skype up on home computer but can not get a number to use unless i buy credit.

was told you get number free

can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (5,501 Views)
4 Replies
Former Staff
Hi, you need Skype Credit or a subscription to call landlines and mobiles. Skype to Skype calls are free, so you need to add a person to your Skype contact list to be able to make free calls.
Message 2 of 5 (5,481 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I have an android phone and thr person I want to call for free uses a computer. Both of us have skype accounts. Do I still have tobuy credits to talk to them?
Message 3 of 5 (5,051 Views)
Novel Tourist

you have to not only buy credit but also  rent the number ( a subscription)

Message 4 of 5 (4,594 Views)

To clarify, Skype to Skype calls are always free of charge, regardless of which platform, device, or computer used.

Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 5 of 5 (4,551 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation