By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

do you have to buy a skype number

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

have set skype up on home computer but can not get a number to use unless i buy credit.

was told you get number free

can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (5,386 Views)
4 Replies
Former Staff
Hi, you need Skype Credit or a subscription to call landlines and mobiles. Skype to Skype calls are free, so you need to add a person to your Skype contact list to be able to make free calls.
Message 2 of 5 (5,366 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I have an android phone and thr person I want to call for free uses a computer. Both of us have skype accounts. Do I still have tobuy credits to talk to them?
Message 3 of 5 (4,936 Views)
Novel Tourist

you have to not only buy credit but also  rent the number ( a subscription)

Message 4 of 5 (4,479 Views)

To clarify, Skype to Skype calls are always free of charge, regardless of which platform, device, or computer used.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 5 of 5 (4,436 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation