By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

can't use skype on my iphone 4 via 3G !!!

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Dear skype team /

I'm suffering from aproblem which is when i sign in from my iphone 4 through 3G network it really sign in but i can't call any contact or even chat ,but if i sign in via Wi-Fi i use the programme normally and it's really perfect ,so what i'm suppossed to do ??

N.B. I uninstall the application & re install many times but  still the same problem .

Thank You/

Mohanned emam

contact e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

contact number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MODERATOR MESSAGE

Hello,

Never post personal details on this Forum.

This is a public internet site.

Norman Musgrave - Skype Forum Moderator. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,652 Views)
4 Replies
Former Ambassador

I suspect your problem is with your cellular carrier and/or your data connection.

What results do you get if you run a test at www.speedtest.net while on 3G only?

You didn't say who your cellular provider is, but have you checked with them to see if they block Skype connections?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 2 of 5 (1,634 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Dear Skype Team /

I would like to Thank you ,i have called my network carrier Mobinil egypt and they told me that the skype application is locked in mobinil.

Best Regards /

mohanned emam

Message 3 of 5 (1,626 Views)
Former Ambassador

I was affraid of that.   But at least you know what the problem is and you can still use Skype via wifi.

Good luck.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 4 of 5 (1,622 Views)
Novel Tourist
I can't sign in to my skype account both by wifi and 3g
Message 5 of 5 (1,455 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation