By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

can't hear other person (they can hear me)

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Tourist

When I receive a Skype call on my iphone, I can't hear the other person but they can hear me.  It is happening with more than one person, so I don't think it is their settings.  My speakers are not muted.  I can't even hear a Skype test call.

My Skype used to work on my iphone (it still works fine on my computer).  I tried deleting the Skype app and reloading but that didn't solve the problem.

Please help me

Message 1 of 15 (16,241 Views)
14 Replies
Novel Adventurer
I have the opposite problem, when I call from my iPhone they can't hear me but I can hear them.
My volume is up, speakers not muted, checked it all and have no idea!
Message 2 of 15 (16,211 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I have been having the same issue too. making calls from my mobile phone the person i call can not hear me..........all my credit money for this bad calls has gone !!!
Message 3 of 15 (16,000 Views)
Novel Tourist
I updated my skype a couple of hours ago as it was due an update and since then the volume from the other end is very very low barely audible. Can anybody help please?
Message 4 of 15 (15,970 Views)
Novel Tourist
They can hear me , but I carnt hear them . I have checked all my settings
Message 5 of 15 (15,453 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have checked my speakers and Microphone.  This is with my PC not a phone.

Message 6 of 15 (15,077 Views)
Novel Tourist
Can't hear other person (they can hear me. I do not skype on my phone only my laptop Windows 7. It never has happened before, but we have had a lot of problems with the audio. Please help
Message 7 of 15 (15,035 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem with my PC. How can I find a solution? So I can't hear the person who calls me, but he/she can hear me very good. The test-service don't work as well. I have also re-installed skype many times without results. It's urgent...

Thank you! Grt Judith

aa4280 wrote:

When I receive a Skype call on my iphone, I can't hear the other person but they can hear me.  It is happening with more than one person, so I don't think it is their settings.  My speakers are not muted.  I can't even hear a Skype test call.

My Skype used to work on my iphone (it still works fine on my computer).  I tried deleting the Skype app and reloading but that didn't solve the problem.

Please help me

Message 8 of 15 (14,690 Views)
Casual Tourist

I am having the same problem on my laptop. Skype tech support? You out there? Please explain why this is happening!!

Message 9 of 15 (14,387 Views)
Novel Adventurer

having problem hearing other person on my samsung tablet. can barely hear the ring tone when i make a call. they can hear me very clearly.  is support going to provide a solution or not?

Message 10 of 15 (14,049 Views)
Discussion Stats