By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unable to log into Skype with Microsoft Account

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I've experienced two problems with the Skype app for iPhone so far, and a third with the Skype website itself. 

1) I was unable to create a Skype account using the Skype app in my iPhone 5 because there isn't a signup option anywhere within the app. 

2) I can't sign in using my Microsoft Account ID using the app. It insists that I use my Skype userid, which leads to the third problem.

3) I am unable to create a password for my Skype account because the site insists I use my Windows account to log in. The option to reset my Skype "password" did not work--Skype sent some code to my email which unfortunately did not work.

Issue #1 isn't a big deal because users can easily overcome it by using the website but I would greatly appreciate help with either issues #2 or #3. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (7,421 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Skype doesn't even give me an option to sign in with my Microsoft account. Sounds like they haven't figured how to properly migrate from Messenger to Skype yet.
Message 2 of 7 (7,189 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Just discovered that even though Skype said I had the latest version it wasn't. I had uninstall and then download version 6. Now I can properly sign in.
Message 3 of 7 (7,187 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same here.. I created a new account using the microsoft ID, but I can only login on my PC. Iphone, Ipad, and even this "support network" wont recognice the new ID starting with 'live:'

Seems like its still only available for PC as it is in BETA. But that did not show when I created the account.

Can anybody from skype inform us when this will be activated??

Message 4 of 7 (7,111 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Any news?

Message 5 of 7 (6,854 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same problem here: Topic

iPhone4 latest IOS

Message 6 of 7 (6,761 Views)
Novel Tourist
Has there been any update to a way around this issue? i have just purchased my iphone 5 and still cant get into skype through my microsoft details on my phone... very frustrating!!!
I also have the support network issue and the issue with the change password code not working.... have either of these issues been fixed either?
Message 7 of 7 (5,696 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation