By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype version 4.0.1325 with iPhone 4S using 3G or Wi-Fi?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Hello All,

First of all please pardon me if this is a duplicate question, but I haven't been able to find a straight answer to the following questions -

When using Skype (v 4.0.1325) with iPhone 4S (with Verizon Wireless as a service provider) and the iPhone is enabled both for 3G and Wi-Fi access to the Net, which connection is used by the application?

Is there a way to configure the app to use a specific option (for e.g.. Wi-Fi connection at home to save on 3G data plans)?

Lastly, how can an user (like me) tell which of the connections is being used and how data was sent / received?

Thanks much for your kind responses,

VJ

Message 1 of 2 (2,811 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
iOS will always choose wifi over mobile data, as long as a network is available. It's not a setting inside Skype but a feature of the operating system: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3889928

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2 (2,814 Views)
1 Reply
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
iOS will always choose wifi over mobile data, as long as a network is available. It's not a setting inside Skype but a feature of the operating system: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3889928

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 2 (2,815 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation