By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype on iphone 16gb 3GS - No Sound

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

For the last week I have been unable to make calls using the Skype app on my iPhone 3GS. I can see Skype ringing, connecting and the call duration starting but I can't hear anything.

This is very annoying especially as I am paying to use this service. This happens on both a 3G and wifi Connection. I havce also tried deleting and reinstalling the Skype App. Recently updated to the latest IOS 5.1 but the problems hasn't gone away. 

Please advise.

Message 1 of 9 (2,176 Views)
8 Replies
Novel Tourist
Same problem here with my 4gs. All of a sudden, my speaker phone is not working with skype. If I select handset, it works fine. But speaker does not! Help!
Message 2 of 9 (2,077 Views)
Novel Tourist
No sound on my iPhone ,the other party can hear me,but I cannot them.it anoying because I paid for the Skype. Service
Message 3 of 9 (1,937 Views)
Novel Tourist
me too.iphone 4s with new download os 5.1 not only that but where is the phone number i bought to be able to receive calls! microsoft should be more reliable. i also have magic jack app that works great on my iphone . still no phone number from skype and no place to get refunds no tech support. scam?
Message 4 of 9 (1,935 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

I can't even get it to install on my iphone 16gb 3GS.  It says I need IOS 4.3.  How did you get it to install?

Message 5 of 9 (1,924 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I can't even get it to install on my iphone 16gb 3GS.  It says I need IOS 4.3.  How did you get it to install?
Message 6 of 9 (804 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I can't even get it to install on my iphone 16gb 3GS.  It says I need IOS 5.  How did you get it to install?
Message 7 of 9 (803 Views)
Casual Tourist
For the last week when I make a skype call the other party can't hear me. I hear them just fine. I tried to reinstall the app but to no avail. I don't have any audio issues with my iPhone. Please help
Message 8 of 9 (668 Views)
Casual Tourist
I got a problem since I install ios7 my friend can't hair my voice and having I comming call problem
Message 9 of 9 (656 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation