By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype app iPad2 has no emoticon button

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I now have the smiley icons on Skype put them in my message BUT when message received by my son emoticon show only as blocks,funny signs etc!! HELP PLEASE

Message 11 of 17 (895 Views)
Casual Tourist
Brilliant! Thank u, thank u, thank u!!!! I am far from technology, but it was easy and very clear, thank u very much! 👻
Message 12 of 17 (842 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Excellent solution - thx
Message 13 of 17 (439 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have now found that using the Emoji keyboard is missleading ... while I can see and send the emoticons, the receiver just sees a box .... I can't believe Skype cannot provide such a basic chat tool as emoticons on iPad

Message 14 of 17 (420 Views)
Novel Adventurer

my emoticons are not animating how to fix on ipad 2. plz fix it

Message 15 of 17 (290 Views)
Novel Tourist

my emoticons are not animating how to fix on ipad 2. 

Message 16 of 17 (184 Views)
Former Staff

Hello,

Animated emoticons are supported exclusively on Retina devices: iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPhone5, iPodTouch 4gen, iPodTouch 5gen, iPad 3gen, iPad 4gen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was useful, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help others, thank you

Si ma réponse vous a aidé merci de cliquer sur "Accepter comme solution"

Cela pourra surement aider d'autres personnes qui ont le même problème

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 17 (162 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 13 in conversation