I also have an iPhone 3G running IOS 4.2.1 which is the lastest and last IOS version for this phone.
Yesterday I needed to reset my phone and restored it. Everything came back EXCEPT for Skype as it attempted to put on the current version of Skype that will not install on 4.2.1.
Does anyone know where and how to get the last version of Skype that will install on IOS 4.2.1?
How come no one replies from Skype?
I have an old version of iOS 4.1. I do NOT want to upgrade for various reasons.
I'd like to have Skype back. I restarted my iPhone to original settings and cannot get the new Skype version to work.
Any ideas how to get the old version of SKype?
1. Jailbreak - using sn0wbreeze-2.2 for iOS 4.2.1 or sn0wbreeze-2.1 for iOS 3.2.2 / 4.1
2. Download skype.ipa - http://depositfiles.com/files/h5474yivp (Skype v3.0.0)
3. Installation - through the iTunes - need to be installed "AppSync for 4.0+" on your iPod touch / iPhone (Cydia-sourse:http://repo.insanelyi.com)
can u pls help me more in details
i have lded skype 3.0 n instaled appsyc 4.0+
now how to install skype app
1. Open iTunes.
2. Go to "Library" -> "Apps"
3. Drag your "skype.ipa" there
4. Connect your iPod/iPhone
5. "Devices" -> "Your iPod/iPhone" -> "Apps" (on the top)
6. Mark "Sync Apps" and choose skype
7. Press Sync
Hope I helped