By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype 5.0: Clear Recent History

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer
You cannot erase chat history and photos sent require you to log into a website to view them. Photos are stored on a website. This update is aweful. DO NOT update if you haven't yet.
Message 11 of 242 (14,476 Views)
Novel Adventurer
How do I erase my recent skype history on my Iphone? The latest version of Skype is not an improvement.
Message 12 of 242 (14,440 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Have down loaded the latest version of Skype on my Iphone and can not erase recent history. Can any body help plse?
Message 13 of 242 (14,437 Views)
Tourist

[Topic title updated by moderator to be more descriptive. Used to be "I can't deleted messages"]

Hi I can't deleted my convo off my iPhone because of the update where would I find the it??

Message 14 of 242 (14,479 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem! With the new version you can´t sidesweep in any directions to delete as it was before. when you try to do that now it only changes between "favourites" "people" and "latest"... I have tried everything but it doesn´t work!

HELP

Message 15 of 242 (14,450 Views)
Novel Adventurer
How do I delete my chat history in Skype for Ipone?
Message 16 of 242 (14,446 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Can anybody help??? Haloooo...
Message 17 of 242 (14,444 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Skype 5.0 for iPhone does not have the functionality to remove individual entries from the recent conversations. We are looking into bringing this back in a future update.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 18 of 242 (14,424 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I can't beleive you forgot that!! THIS IS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!!! 

Message 19 of 242 (14,415 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Claudius wrote:

Skype 5.0 for iPhone does not have the functionality to remove individual entries from the recent conversations. We are looking into bringing this back in a future update.

In a future update? How far in the future are we talking here? A week for a fix or something you'll get around to "sometime" in a future version? This is an unbelievable oversight on MS' part by not allowing the deletion of chat and call histories in the mobile app. Not to mention the ability to no longer edit the content of individual messages.

I guess from now on I'm not going to be so gung-ho to update Skype when an update is released. I should have learned my lesson from past upgrades of the desktop app. Granted, this version has a lot of great interface improvements but leaving out such a critical, fundamental function as clearing chat histories is completely ridiculous. Please fix this immediately.

Message 20 of 242 (14,378 Views)