By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

SKype Crashing on IOS 4.3.3

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hello team

Skype is crashing after installation on IPhone 4 IOS 4.3.3

WOuld appreiate if a solution or a fix is released for the same.

Regards

Message 1 of 10 (3,656 Views)
9 Replies
Casual Tourist

Hi all,

having the same issue here too. After a prolonged voice/video chat on the go (about 10min or so), Skype client triggers the iphone4 to completely shut down. Neither the power button nor the power+home button combination can turn it back on. The only way for it to turn back on is to connect iphone4's charger.

I have 2 iphone4s and their versions are:

4.3.2(BH7)

4.2.1(8C148)

Both versions have the same problem.

Hope it gets fixed soon :smileysad:

Message 2 of 10 (3,649 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same problem here.  Anyone know if this is fixed yet?

Message 3 of 10 (3,493 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Same problem here. 4.3.3 as well (i upgraded from 4.0.1 and it was working fine on that)
Message 4 of 10 (3,294 Views)
Power User

can you guys try deleting the application then reinstalling the latest version?

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 5 of 10 (3,289 Views)
Casual Tourist

I tried that but it doesn’t work. By the way there is no latest version for Skype I the app-store. The only available Skype version is 3.0.1 --- I have iphone4 IOS 4.3.3 please help us fixing this problem. 

Message 6 of 10 (3,177 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I have same problem anyone help me
Message 7 of 10 (3,126 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have an iPod touch 4 32GB with iOS 4.3.3 installed. Whenever I launch the Skype app, it crashes in a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated

Message 8 of 10 (3,079 Views)
Reliable Adventurer
Its a known bug with the previous iOS release. I suggest all of you upgrade your iOS to 4.3.5 (8L1). If your phone is jailbroken, then you may lose your jailbreak. Also, some jailbreaking softwares will render many applications within the phone incapable. because the jailbreak rewrites the code to bypass some settings within the phone. But users have been reporting on (un-jailbroken) phones the same problem. Hence the new iOS update 4.3.5 (8L1).
Message 9 of 10 (3,065 Views)
Novel Tourist

same problem....

I'd like to solve it but I'm not an i-phone expert....

could someone try to explane the task in easy way?

Message 10 of 10 (2,987 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation