By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

No incoming video on Ipad

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

Just installed Skype ipad  and now i can not see the incomming video of my contact.

I do see myself on the ipad and my contact sees me and herself... so the only missing video is my contatc on my ipad. What to do?

Thanks

Fokko

Message 1 of 32 (24,906 Views)
31 Replies
Casual Adventurer

I don't get any video on my iPad2.  I have not engaged in a call as yet, but I don't see my video image when I open Skype and make a test call.  Shouldn't the video test as well?  You said you see your image, but I don't even get that.  Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 32 (24,900 Views)
Novel Adventurer

did you switch on your camara? middle bottom of ur screen...mine was default on 'no video' you can choose camera front or rear..hope it helps

Fokko

Message 3 of 32 (24,898 Views)
Casual Adventurer

The only time I even see a "button" for video is when I try to make a call, and then the video icon is grayed-out.  Is your button visible when you are on your screen showing all your contacts?

Message 4 of 32 (24,895 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Same for me.. Video button only active when a video call is opened..
Message 5 of 32 (24,890 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thanks.  Sorry, I'm being pedantic here.  When you say "opened," do you mean that it only becomes activate-able when the video call is connected?  

Message 6 of 32 (24,886 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Yes that is what i mean
Message 7 of 32 (24,883 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thank you.  Have a great day.

Message 8 of 32 (24,879 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

It is so great that Skype is caring for us - users - the ones they are getting money from - so very much that they are keen on answering our problems and trying to solve them.

NOT

I have tried to search several forums on this issue but never found a reply - not to mention a solution - from Skype. It turns out that everything looks quite OK, but the contact on the other side of the call can not see my camera picture - which I can. Then when I go to the bandwidth settings I see it says: "Not sending video". I think it should be working by switching it on - but there is no such possibility (!!!). Yes, the camera is working OK (I can see my pictures moving while the conversation). I have also tried to make videocalls with both a new and an old Skype account - same result. No, there is no problem on the receivers side, makes and receives video calls quite often - works with other people. Yes, most recent version of Skype, most recent version of drivers, directX, system, everything. New camera - works in other applications, in Skype setup, etc.

Sorry for fuming to myself and you - the readers of this post - but since there is no answer from Skype I have to voice my problems somehow.

Message 9 of 32 (24,711 Views)
Novel Tourist
Hi Fokko,

I have exactly the same problem as you have.
Have you already solved it.
Let me know.
Thank you.

Mary
Message 10 of 32 (24,652 Views)
Discussion Stats