By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Messages pending with Skype 4.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Reliable Adventurer

Since the update all I get is messages pending, this is the same on both my iPhone and iPad. Doesn't work on 3G or wifi. My iPhone is on a different network to my iPad so it's not a carrier issue. 

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 99
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Emeritus
The "Pending" message was added with 4.1 - But even with older versions messages were only delivered if both you and the receiver are online the same time. Which might take from minutes to hours to days even in the worst case.

So there was no change in the quality of Skype chat service, instead we improved the status messaging to you so now you can tell if a message has been delivered or is still waiting for the recipient to go online.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 11 of 99
98 Replies
Casual Adventurer

I posted on the news section.

I use skype on my phone to send texts internationally. With the latest version, my texts now take hours or even days to send with a possibly helpful notice saying pending... however, if I log onto my computer they say they have been delivered.

Getting back to the iPhone though, when the messagaes are delivered they aren't in the order I sent them but, it seems in the shortness of the message... not great when there are several messages sent as part of a one big message.

There were IM problems a couple of upgrades ago and fortunately I was able to revert to an earlier version. Sadly, this time I am unable to do so as my phone synced to iTunes before I could revert.

I am quite a big user of IM for perosnal use spending £40+ per month... so, this problem is saving me money while losing skype some and even a potential long term customer if it persists

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 99
Routine Adventurer

Exactly the same with me on my iPad. Updated the app on 23 Aug, tried to send a photo that apparently is still somewhere up there in cyberspace waiting to present itself, and since then every IM I've tried to send ends up 'pending'. 

Does anyone know a direct customer services link to Skype that isn't a forum?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 99
Super Adventurer
Casual Adventurer

no, this isn't it!

I've tried to get a number of an email address before and there doens't appear to be one.

There was one a few years ago but that was before they were owned by Ebay...

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 99
Super Adventurer
the link I provided provides the method by which you contact Customer Support, as the title of the FAQ indicates
Regards,
Neil
Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 99
Routine Adventurer

Thanks Neil. Have tried that site but think it's only workable for those who have a paying account with Skype? We don't... Perhaps Skype is doing it deliberately in order to get everyone to pay for even IM?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 99
Super Adventurer

Tormod41 wrote:

Have tried that site but think it's only workable for those who have a paying account with Skype?

sorry, but that is absolutely not true

it is actually not that difficult to navigate from the FAQ page to the following page, but I can save you the trouble . . .

https://support.skype.com/en-us/support_request?needsLogin=true

Regards,
Neil
Flag for a Moderator
Message 8 of 99
Routine Adventurer

Hi Neil - thank you again! I had managed to get to that page but get nowhere as there doesn't seem to be a specific 'box to tick' for my specific query - I've tried all the ones I thought might be applicable. Basically, all I would like to do is get to somewhere where I CAN EMAIL Skype and ask the simple question 'why are my IM messages always 'pending' now since I updated the app for iPad earlier this week?'. So far I haven't managed to find the email option.

Hope you're not near the track of TS Isaac by the way... Best, Elizabeth

Flag for a Moderator
Message 9 of 99
Routine Adventurer

Yep, you're right! I've had no joy out of any of the sites so far when it comes to sending a basic email.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 10 of 99
Discussion Stats