By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Iphone 3g ios version: 4.2.1 skype 4.0.1325 incompatible.

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Experienced Adventurer
thanks everybody...! i am helping you honestly.
Message 81 of 233 (3,119 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi All;

This really works i have tried it; Kamran is so nice he added me to skype and instructed step by step.

Thank You Kamran Appreciate your Time

Message 82 of 233 (3,016 Views)
Casual Tourist
Currently skype is not available for the iphone 3g which is on ios version: 4.2.1 even skype set minimum requirement ios 4.3 for the last updated skype verion: 4.0.1325.

why skype is no longer for the iphone 3g or older iphones which are on ios 4.2.1 .

This is really disgusting really and disturbing my voice chat. please i request to skype make it compatible with the ios 4.2.1 also. because a lot of users are on ios 4.2.1 they are effective by this problem. i hope so you can understand our feelings about the problem. i would appreciate your making decision on it. i am waiting for the positive and valued repsonse from skype team. Thank You
Message 83 of 233 (2,902 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hey Kami_rock55 can u give a hand with this problem??

Message 84 of 233 (2,859 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you, Kamran

I followed the instructions a know skype is working in my 3G!!!!!

kami_rock55 wrote:
thanks everybody...! i am helping you honestly.

Message 85 of 233 (2,827 Views)
Experienced Adventurer
thank you dav and bhaskar for appreciate...!
Message 86 of 233 (2,751 Views)
Experienced Adventurer
guys, who want skype in iphone 3g or older ios. please just send me private message for solution. Thanks
Message 87 of 233 (2,602 Views)
Novel Tourist

The iPhone 3g cannot be updated past 4.2.1 however, the iPhone 3gs (notice the "s") can update further. This topic pertains strictly to the iPhone 3g and not the 3gs, therefore making your suggestion of simply updating impossible. And hey... I've already tried updating just like everyone else.

Message 88 of 233 (2,586 Views)
Novel Tourist

it says safari cannot download this file. what else should i do pls help me

Message 89 of 233 (2,565 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This is a huge let down. I've been using Skype on my 3G for a long time without any problems. I recently purchased some Skype credit. Will I be able to apply for a refund? I suspect that consumer legislation in the EU would suggest that I might.

Message 90 of 233 (2,547 Views)