The download works fine and I have been abel to download the file and extract. Problem now is, how to install this on the device. When i push it into iTunes it is giving me an error message that I should upgrade my device... ??
@kami Why does it have to be so mysterious, asking people to send you private messages and the like? If you know the solution to the problem, why don't you just post it?
thanks KamRan for all your help. After speaking with you on Skype, I was able to install the older version of Skype on my 3g Iphone.
You have been a great help.
how to install Skype for iPhone 3G
if you have a compatible version still on your computer (that you yourself downloaded from the app store), double-click the .ipa file and overwrite the newer version of Skype, sync and you are done.
if you don't, then you can do the following:
- sync your iPhone to have all apps and content on your computer.
- download the .ipa file for a compatible version of Skype e.g. from [invalid URL], double-click the .ipa file and overwrite the newer version of Skype
- you have to jailbreak your iPhone. this in itself is legal. here is a good guide :[invalid URL]
(in this step Cydia will be automatically installed)
- open Cydia
- under Manage/Sources add this source: [invalid URL]
- install AppSync 4+ and Installous from Hackulo
- restart iPhone
- connect iPhone to your computer by USB-Cable
this has worked, even though i don't know much about IT.
note: i have a Mac, but it should work with PC too. please confirm.
the url's have been deleted form my previous message for some reason. here they are again without the "http://" part: