By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I cant hear "ringing" when calling, and cannot hear to the other person

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Last week, Skype worked out perfectly. This week, every call I made, 2 things happen:

1) It rings once then I cant hear anything. The other end of the call answers the phone, the rate is deducted from my balance and I cant hear the person Im calling.

2) No ringing heard when calling, nor hearing the other person.

This had cost me more than 4$, they answer and I cant talk to them.

This happens on my Iphone and Mac

So what do you think is the problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (2,495 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Tourist
I have been having the exact same problem. It's been going on for about a month now. I have tried deleting and re-installing the app and it's still not working. I keep having to use my husbands phone (it is still working on his) to make calls.

I would love to hear whether anyone has a solution to this.
Message 2 of 7 (2,402 Views)
Novel Tourist
Im Having the same problem.... I can hear music any videos, but when calling someone, I cant hear it ring or anything.... I need help!
Message 3 of 7 (2,238 Views)
Tourist
Same problem here. It's highly annoying to make a call and not be able to hear when they answer. Must be annoying for the other side too! Kind of makes it pointless to pay for Skype (like I have) if it's not reliable enough to use.
Message 4 of 7 (2,202 Views)
Casual Tourist

ok after spending hours of my life Skype finally responded to me. Although you cant hear the ringing just wait until you see that it connects. Then you can turn your volume up on your Iphone. it works fine now.

Message 5 of 7 (2,007 Views)
Novel Tourist

supernovia wrote:

Last week, Skype worked out perfectly. This week, every call I made, 2 things happen:

1) It rings once then I cant hear anything. The other end of the call answers the phone, the rate is deducted from my balance and I cant hear the person Im calling.

2) No ringing heard when calling, nor hearing the other person.

This had cost me more than 4$, they answer and I cant talk to them.

This happens on my Iphone and Mac

So what do you think is the problem?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7 (1,896 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! WHEN I USE THE TEST CALL,EVERYTHING WORKS FINE! ICANT CONNECT WITH ANY CONTACTS THOUGH! HELP!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 7 (1,678 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation