By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I can't be heard by the person I am calling. Why?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I need help! Why can the person I am calling from my iPad not hear me even though I can hear them perfectly. Is there a setting I don't know about?

Message 1 of 9 (3,181 Views)
8 Replies
Esteemed Adventurer
Either you mute your microphone of Skype or the sound volume of your contact 's device is set too low.
Message 2 of 9 (3,158 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Actually my microphone is on because the person receiving and accepting my call hears some static noise which completely goes silent when I turn off the microphone. My volume is set on high. So after trying and researching every possible venue I am beginning to think I may have a defective microphone. Tomorrow I will go visit an apple store and see what they tell me unless someone out there has another solution!

Message 3 of 9 (3,153 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer
Have you asked your contact to set the sound volume to maximum ?
Message 4 of 9 (3,148 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I called my contact on a regular phone so there was no volume to set. I tried him both on a regular phone and a skype account neither worked. 

However, for anyone interested the problem was solved when I went into camera mode and took a two minute video with sound. This seems to have unlocked the microphone and now everything seems to work fine. Is this fluke or did it really unlock something? I cannot tell you! I love my iPad but not being able to get to the backbone of the system can be VERYfrustrating!!! thank you for your inputs.

Message 5 of 9 (3,130 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I know my microphone is muted, ot volume, but i went to settings and there is anyrhing there but volume xontrol, i cannot find a way to set microphone on in skype, i have not trouble hearing the other person, but they cannot hear me , even with test call. Can you suggest solution, please????
Message 6 of 9 (3,102 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Where is the microphone control on the i pad??
Message 7 of 9 (3,099 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Where is the microphone control on the i pad?
Message 8 of 9 (3,098 Views)
Novel Tourist
the other person or persons cant hear me but ican hear them why?
Message 9 of 9 (2,447 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation