By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to remove ads

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
How do I get rid of the ads from the iPhone version of Skype? Ads are offensive to me and I shouldn't have to see them on my phone. I didn't ask for them to be there and it's outrageous that they just show up without my approval. Thanks
Message 1 of 11 (14,174 Views)
10 Replies
Casual Tourist

Yes, could somebody please tell us HOW TO BLOCK SKYPE AD's ON IPHONE. 

I just upgraded my iPhone Skype App to latest version 4.1.1324 (version dated 15th Oct 12) and now i have a constant stream of annoying ads popping up everytime I open Skype on iphone. Very, very annoying. 

I tried deleting the latest App and then synced the old Skype App (version 4.1.1310) back from iTunes, but the ads now continue to display, even though i have re-installed the old version. 

Is there a preferences file or something that I need to delete ?

Please post a solution !

Message 2 of 11 (13,606 Views)
Novel Tourist
The software was free, much as I hate it we can't really complain. I would happily buy a premium version with no ads however, are you listening Microsoft?
Message 3 of 11 (12,044 Views)
Novel Tourist
well, just uninstalled skype. I rather use facetime or viber or other alternative then having ads after years of clean usage.
Message 4 of 11 (11,127 Views)
Novel Tourist

Agreed. I will be doing the same as well. This kind of business practice is the last straw, and the end of my loyalty to Microsoft.

Message 5 of 11 (10,899 Views)
Novel Tourist

Message 6 of 11 (7,538 Views)
Novel Tourist

Skype is **bleep** these days!

-To wierd skype format and layout, and tons of ads?

-Me too looking for alternatives rathere then using skype.

-and i'm an old skype user from start when skype relealeased! .. -sad development!

Message 7 of 11 (7,244 Views)
Novel Tourist

The Ads vanished once I had recharged my credits

Message 8 of 11 (6,741 Views)
Novel Tourist

Would be interested for a solution for Blackberry devices if anyone has one

For a PC:

That was fine for MSN Messenger for years

Message 9 of 11 (6,666 Views)
Novel Tourist
Just go in settings, then skype, and then close " allow targeted ads " then log out and log in again or restart your phone. It's gone.

Message 10 of 11 (5,491 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 11 in conversation