By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to get Skype old version for iphone

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I have accident update the skype for iPhone, on iTune, to the latest version (3.5.117) and I also restore the firmware of my iphone. I do not have any backup for the skype. The latest version of Skype does not support my iphone 2G so I could not install it in my iPhone. FYI, before I flash firmware, I have used skype without any problem. Anyone has any idea to get the old version of the skype.

Message 1 of 31 (24,336 Views)
30 Replies
Novel Tourist
I have the same problem did you find an older version of skype for your IPHONE?
Message 2 of 31 (24,259 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I installed the new version on my iphone 4, and it was a big mistake, I should have read the reviews first. New version is super slow, downloads tons of old messages, freezes all the time. If you find out how to get an older version, please let me know!!
Message 3 of 31 (24,245 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I found the way! If you still have the older version in your recylce bin, you can delete the new version from your phone, then in Itunes, then sync it.   Then click on the old version, it is a file ending with .ipa - it would autimatically appear in your apps in Itunes, and then you just sync your phone. If you dont have the old version in the trash, let me know, I can email it

Message 4 of 31 (24,231 Views)
a2z
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem, could you please send me the old appl file. thanks

alex

Message 5 of 31 (24,085 Views)
gmo
Novel Adventurer

Hi.  I would also really appreciate a copy of the old version. Ta.

gmo

Message 6 of 31 (24,064 Views)
Casual Tourist
could you please send me the old skype appl file. thank you so much.
Message 7 of 31 (24,059 Views)
Casual Tourist

can i please get a copy of the old skype emailed to me??

Message 8 of 31 (24,012 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Can I also get a copy of the old skype file please? Also can you pls explain to me how to put it in iTunes and install it in my iPhone? Many Thans
Message 9 of 31 (23,998 Views)
Novel Tourist

Could you please send me the old version, while I'm tired of the current one! Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Daniel Abom

Message 10 of 31 (23,970 Views)
Discussion Stats