By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How 2 add contacts

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist
Just installed Skype 2 iPad. Loged in, got welcome message but can't find any "contact" tab. How to enter contacts?
Message 1 of 5 (3,462 Views)
4 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Me too..there's no menu or contact to click on to....
Message 2 of 5 (3,319 Views)
Former Ambassador

I have an iPad and don't use it much for Skyping, but out of curiosity I too have tried to find how to add a a contact.  I've been unsuccessful.  

What I do is manage my Contacts list and other settings via Skype running in Windows.   The Mac version would work for that too.

If you don't have a PC or Mac available to make it easy to add contacts, I hope someone else will come along here with a solution for the iPad.  I'm suspecting at this time the iPad app doesn't yet have the add-a-contact feature. 

edit:  Once contacts are added, the Contacts lists on the iPad shows up in a column to the left of the main window.  When the Skype app is first started, the main window shows "Lists,"  All Contacts, iPad Contacts; Online Contacts; Saved Phone Numbers; Skype Contacts. 

I usually tap Online Contacts but I still see no way to add a Skype contact in the app.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 3 of 5 (3,293 Views)
Novel Tourist
on the top line where it says <lists ALL CONTACTS then a pic of telephone and next to this is a + sign, click this and a box opens to add contact...
Message 4 of 5 (3,253 Views)
Novel Tourist

Many thanks, will give it a try and see if it will work for me...

Message 5 of 5 (2,990 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation