By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Group Calling from my IPad

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
How do I make a group call from my iPad. The Skype user interface on my IPad does not appear to have a group call tab as shown on the Skype web site. According to Skype their iPad app supports group calls but so far I can't figure out to do this
Message 1 of 25 (111,460 Views)
24 Replies
Novel Tourist
indeed, I also have this problem, it looks like that the skype app does not support video calling, trange as it looks that the ipad or tablet pc's will become a standard in the future !
Message 2 of 25 (111,431 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same issue. Cannot find a place where I can add a second or further contact or number to extend an active call to a group call - a simple and stable feature in the PC version of Skype.

If support/anyone can give us an indication of where we can find the feature or alternatively when it will become available that would be great.

Novel Tourist
I have the same problem but when talking to someone in Skype that is on the Pc they can add groups that I can talk in.
Message 4 of 25 (102,782 Views)
Casual Adventurer
You can't get group calling from ipad so far. But you can get it on iPhone
Message 5 of 25 (98,908 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the latest version of Skype on my IPhone 3gs, and the layout is the same as on my iPad 4. So no group call for me on iPhone either.

Message 6 of 25 (94,527 Views)
Novel Adventurer

In fact the Linux version on my Ubuntu PC can make group calls, but not iPad? This is not OK Skype/MS! - dont battle with Apple on this issue. You should deliver as good a product as possible even though it is on the IOS platform. That would be the best long term strategy for you, - in my humble opinion.

Message 7 of 25 (94,525 Views)
Novel Tourist
Well buddy. If you havr a computer you can set up the call before it is added to your iPad there's less control but group calling does work. I have had a problem
Setting Up on any I device.goodlyck finding something though!
Message 8 of 25 (93,683 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Sorry dinny eat me. Why don't u just get an iPhone 4S or 5
Message 9 of 25 (93,567 Views)
Casual Tourist
How do I add people to a group call on Ipad 3
Message 10 of 25 (82,180 Views)
Discussion Stats