By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Going to Europe with an IPHONE 3G with no SIM Card.

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

i am going on a trip around Europe for 27 days and would like to activate a skype account for one month. how much does it cost for the one month? and do i actually get unlimited calls worldwide? it seems to good to be true. whats the catch? do i get money taken off my credit ever phone call?

please let me know asapp

Message 1 of 3 (882 Views)
2 Replies
Former Ambassador

See details for an unlimited world subscription here:

Note the difference between coverage to landlines vs. mobiles.  Also, if you buy a subscription there is some fine print about "reasonable use."  You can read it if you're going to be making a LOT of calls.

You'd pay the cost of the one month subscription in advance.  Be careful to cancel before the next month if you don't want to auto-renew.

An alternative is to buy a few dollars worth of credits.  Those would be taken off your account on a per use basis.

How are you going to use your iPhone with no SIM card?  Will it even start up and be able to connect to wifi with no SIM?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 2 of 3 (874 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have an Iphone 4s and is prepay would I require a sim card to use it via skype

Message 3 of 3 (712 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation