By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Deleting messages on the new skype 3.0 for iphone

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
this doesn't work... in the older version it does.
Message 11 of 23 (3,851 Views)
Community Manager
It still works in the 4.1 version. Make sure you are on the "Messages" screens (which lists your recent conversations with all of your contacts). Then simply swipe to the right on the conversation history you want to have remove.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 12 of 23 (3,848 Views)
Novel Adventurer

My iPhone 4 skype (current verrsion) shows a red 2 saying I have two messages but I cant find them or delete them. I go to the RECENT tab and it is blank with a edit tab that changes nothing. Anyone have a clue. I swipe right/left/up/down but nothing changes.

Message 13 of 23 (3,418 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem, can not delete messages,on some occasion it goes pending.

I have hon option but stop using skype.

Message 14 of 23 (3,386 Views)
Novel Tourist

I cannot delete skype messages on my iphone and ipad .. it sometimes deletes one message but not all ...

Message 15 of 23 (3,328 Views)
Novel Tourist
On my iphone5: 1)- I signed out of Skype. 2)- Signed back in. 3)- Clicked on picture of contact whose messages I wanted deleted. A red window appeared to the right of the picture with the "Delete" legend". 4)- Clicked on the red window and the messages were erased, while the contact remained. PERFECT!
Message 16 of 23 (3,047 Views)
Novel Tourist
Claudio's is right it does work if you are on the screen with the recent conversation, just swipe on the person, don't open the messages window, this will not delete the contact. Thank you
Message 17 of 23 (2,860 Views)
Casual Tourist
How can I delete my Skype account plz help me
Message 18 of 23 (2,802 Views)
Novel Tourist

thank u.this one works for me.go to "recent" if you are confused with messages.then follow the instructions suggested above. cheers!

Message 19 of 23 (2,762 Views)
Novel Tourist
Cannot delete messages and conversations from my iphone
Message 20 of 23 (2,628 Views)
Discussion Stats