By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can you send pictures using skype and iphone 4s?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Can you send pictures using skype and iphone 4s? If so how? Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (57,109 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Laurent95 (Former Staff)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
I di as instructed above and it worked. The only difference is I has to select +more to get to send photo. thanks S.P-Translation!!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9 (23,818 Views)
8 Replies
Casual Adventurer

As far as I can tell, no. You can not receive, either, although for some reason you still get the notification that someone is trying to send you a file. There is no accept button, and there are no buttons to send a file.

Message 2 of 9 (56,955 Views)
Novel Tourist

Can we get this added?  So it cannot do it now, will it?  I love skype and I now with the new position I am in, I would like to be able to be part of Skype with my team from my phone.  So I would like to be able to send and receive files.

Message 3 of 9 (56,345 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I would really love to see this feature myself! I mean, if you're on the on go and want to send a few pictures to friends/family that would be awesome. Sure you could wait until you get to a computer, but what fun is that?

But I guess if all else fails, there's always picture sharing through the FB app, or Photobucket, etc. ..n):

Message 4 of 9 (54,948 Views)
mki
Routine Adventurer
I searched the web today on my iPhone and I think I saw some iPhone help stating that sending pictures is possible...now I cant find it anymore - are there any news on this topic?
Message 5 of 9 (44,283 Views)
Community Manager
No news on this. Still not possible. See here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11104/can-i-send-files-on-skype-for-ios

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 6 of 9 (44,122 Views)
Novel Adventurer
You can only send and receive image files on Skype for iOS.

To send an image:

Sign in to Skype and select the contact you’d like to send an image to.
In the Contact Card, tap Send Photo.

Select an image saved on your iPhone or iPad, or take a new one. The image file can’t be larger than 25 MB.
You can send your file only after your contact accepts it. You’ll see a progress bar showing you how much time is left until your image is sent. You can stop sending your file at any time by tapping x.

Refer to:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11104/can-i-send-and-receive-files-on-skype-for-ios
Message 7 of 9 (39,706 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Laurent95 (Former Staff)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
I di as instructed above and it worked. The only difference is I has to select +more to get to send photo. thanks S.P-Translation!!
Message 8 of 9 (23,819 Views)
Novel Tourist

To transfer files files from iPhone4to other device it is best to use iPhone transfer software. This is one of best medium to get back files . Where it does not take too long time to transfer files and it is easy to transfer with this tool. iPhone transfer for Mac can be done easily.

Message 9 of 9 (18,703 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation