By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't hear each other?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

My friend got a new laptop today and wanted to skype. I made one on my ipod touch and we can see each other but cant hear each other. Any ideas why this is happening or what I should do? I have a webcam on my ipod touch by the way. The only problem is that neither of us can hear each other. Any suggestions would be great.

Message 1 of 7 (4,046 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Adventurer
I am also having the same issue
Message 2 of 7 (4,028 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer
Ensure your Skype call is not muted and set the sound volume of your device to maximum.
Message 3 of 7 (4,021 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Already tried twice
Message 4 of 7 (4,016 Views)
Novel Tourist
I am having samee problem have you found solution?
Message 5 of 7 (3,972 Views)
Casual Tourist

tried everything I know how.  Microphone works with other programs and apps.  Can see each other but cannot hear on either side.  Have checked all my settings on the computer.  Have run the Skype echo test thing but it doesn't seem to work.  

Message 6 of 7 (2,875 Views)
Tourist

Skype number no longer works; it rings twice on one end and the other end can see a call is coming but once it is answered, they can't hear each other.  What is the solution?

Message 7 of 7 (2,560 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation