By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Green picture during video calls

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I am only getting a green screen from my camera when making video calls on x box one,can anyone suggest anything

Message 1 of 9 (5,778 Views)
8 Replies
Community Manager

What Skype version are you receiving the video from your Xbox from?

Or to be more precise: Which Skype version on which plattform is sending the green video? It's usually the recording and not the playback end of video that is causing this. Make sure you are running the latest available Skype version on that plattform.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 9 (5,698 Views)
Novel Tourist

I get the same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled skype 2 days ago so I presume that I have the latest version from then.

Message 3 of 9 (5,193 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I'm having the green screen issue with my skype on xbox one as well. I could see the person and all they could see was a green screen and where i should see myself in the bottom right corner, all i saw was green also. I can't find a solution anywhere.

Message 4 of 9 (4,952 Views)
Staff Moderator

If you're Xbox is sending just green video, then it is likely to be an issue with the Kinect sensor, which can usually be resolved by restarting the sensor. Either perform a hard power down and restart the console (press and hold the power button for about ten seconds), or disconnect and reconnect the sensor from the console.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 5 of 9 (4,914 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Earlier before i posted my comment, I thought it might behave been the kinect but my kinect was working just fine.

Message 6 of 9 (4,909 Views)
Staff Moderator

Your Kinect sensor can appear to be working just fine anywhere else, but this green video issue is invariably caused by a sensor problem requiring the reset I described previously.

Message 7 of 9 (4,907 Views)
Novel Tourist
I installed yesterday and was getting the same thing. I powered off my console completely by unplugging the power cable at the back. When I restarted the console, the picture transmitted correctly.
Message 8 of 9 (4,138 Views)

Post transferred to Skype for Computer: Windows message board as Staff Moderator Acampos noted, is not related to XBox.

Message 9 of 9 (1,995 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation