By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

video rotated clockwise during calling

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Hi.

Sometimes my video stream during a videoconference is rotated 90 degrees clockwise, without any apparent reason (at least on my side). I am using skype desktop on windows 10, all updated.

Just this morning I had two videoconferences: the first one went ok, but for the second one I was forced to use skype on my mobile.

Reading online it seems this might be due to my main monitor being set in vertical. I could only find problems, though, no solution.

Kind regards

Max

Any suggestion on how to keep the video in the right orientation? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer

I might have found the solution to the problem: you need to start skype from a monitor in landscape mode. If Skype starts from a monitor in portrait mode, the video gets rotated when you initiate the call.

3 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I'm having a similar problem. My setup:

• I have two monitors, both in portrait.
  • Windows 8.1 Pro

In my case, my video is always rotated.

This appears to be a similar problem:

https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/11044308-video-rotated-9...

My version:

skypeversion.png

Novel Adventurer

I might have found the solution to the problem: you need to start skype from a monitor in landscape mode. If Skype starts from a monitor in portrait mode, the video gets rotated when you initiate the call.

Novel Adventurer

Unfortunately, I run all of my monitors in portrait. I really don't want to have to run a monitor in landscape just for Skype to work.

Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation