Re: Video Doesn't Work After Update

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Video Doesn't Work After Update

I updated my Skype a couple of weeks ago. No one can see us now. Skype worked beautifully for years. What do I need to do?

clingermandonna
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (2,381 Views)

What do you see when you go to Tools -> Options -> Video settings?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7306
Message 2 of 4 (2,376 Views)

I don't mean to jump in if this isn't the correct way to treat this site but, I am having the same problem.  When I go to tools, video setting, mine just shows a little circle going round and round and nothing ever happens.

dmclarney
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (2,340 Views)

had the same problem. I uninstalled Skype and then downloaded version 5.5.0.124 and now everything works again. You can download this version from the link below.

http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=6717

Skype support has been unresponsive. Very disappointed because it seems many people have run into this problem.

ttothemc
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 4 (2,313 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling