Re: Sound problems during calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Sound problems during calls

[ Edited ]

I am having a problem when talking to friends over Skype using a headset, and I am not sure why. Over the duration of the call, the other people in the call hear a static that progressively gets worse, and disappears once I mute my microphone. They can also hear my sounds from games and music, even when my mic is muted. I've tried adjusting some settings but nothing seems to work, could it be a loose connection inside of my PC?

Chittle95
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (710 Views)

Re: Sound problems during calls

[ Edited ]

I get the same thing.

I have A Razer chimera wireless headset and the problem only seems to occur when im runing a videogame. Im not sure whats goin on either but it is driving me and my girlfriend up a wall. 

Edit: 

Just an FYI
running windows 7.

Games that seem to interfere are Diablo III, minecraft, and most steam games.

My system and drivers are up to date.

I know its skype interacting because the sounds persist when the headset is disconnected. 

Muffinsodeth
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (686 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling