Re: SkypeME

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

SkypeME

Just a few days ago I started to recieve messages on my skype account from random people that weren't on my friends list. At first, I thought my account got hacked. So, I made a new account. But, the same thing continued to happen. More people were randomly messaging me. One of the random people told me that it was SkypeMe that allows people to see when others are online. I do not want my username that public. I did read that they made it unavailable to PC users. I have a pc. I do not have a mac. How do i fix this?

Saramore10
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 20 (1,033 Views)

Managing your privacy settings (Windows)

Follow link bellow for User Guide.

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA140/Managing-your-privacy-settings-Windows?fromSearchFirstPage...

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
0 Kudos
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 66
Message 2 of 20 (1,027 Views)

I've already done that, and it still happens.

0 Kudos
Saramore10
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 20 (1,016 Views)

SkypeMe! is no longer supported in Skype for Windows, though it is still accessible in Skype for Mac 2.8 and earlier. SkypeMe! mode lets everyone else on Skype know that you are available and interested in chatting. SkypeMe! mode temporarily disables your privacy settings and allows anyone to contact you, whether you've OK'd them or not. To change your status to or from SkypeMe! mode on earlier versions of Skype for Mac OS X, go to Account > Change Status and then click SkypeMe!  If installed, uninstall it.

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
0 Kudos
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (1,005 Views)

Beowolfv wrote:

SkypeMe! is no longer supported in Skype for Windows, though it is still accessible in Skype for Mac 2.8 and earlier. SkypeMe! mode lets everyone else on Skype know that you are available and interested in chatting. SkypeMe! mode temporarily disables your privacy settings and allows anyone to contact you, whether you've OK'd them or not. To change your status to or from SkypeMe! mode on earlier versions of Skype for Mac OS X, go to Account > Change Status and then click SkypeMe!  If installed, uninstall it.

the original poster has already indicated that he does not have a Mac
Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 822
Message 5 of 20 (988 Views)

Saramore10 wrote:

Just a few days ago I started to recieve messages on my skype account from random people that weren't on my friends list. At first, I thought my account got hacked. So, I made a new account. But, the same thing continued to happen. More people were randomly messaging me. One of the random people told me that it was SkypeMe that allows people to see when others are online. I do not want my username that public. I did read that they made it unavailable to PC users. I have a pc. I do not have a mac. How do i fix this?

do you perhaps have Skype installed on an Android smartphone?

Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 6 of 20 (987 Views)

Never assumed they had a Mac. Only stating the only steps to take for SkypeME. One can try to translate the steps into Windows and use them. :wink: :(y):

Regards,
Beowolfv

0 Kudos
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Message 7 of 20 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]

Beowolfv wrote:

Never assumed they had a Mac. Only stating the only steps to take for SkypeME. One can try to translate the steps into Windows and use them. :wink: :(y):

SkypeMe mode has not existed in the Windows client since version 3.8, which is many YEARS out of date

such an analogy is useless to the majority of Windows users

maybe the original poster would be so kind as to indicate the version of Skype for Windows that they are using

Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 8 of 20 (975 Views)

Read above.

Regards,
Beowolfv

0 Kudos
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Message 9 of 20 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]

Beowolfv wrote:

Read above.

the first time was more than enough

Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 10 of 20 (958 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling