Skype drops call after a few seconds

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype drops call after a few seconds

I have windows 7, used skype yesterday and I answer and call and the call is dropped after a few seconds and a rejection pops up:

skype has stopped working:

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

closed program.

HOW DO I FIX THIS. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and shuting down computer, restarting computer. I don't know whats wrong.

alyshaswitalski
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 23 (10,535 Views)

Re: Skype drops call after a few seconds

I have the same problem ans so do other people but I guess it"s a skype problem and it's not our fault so we should just wait.
leslieallen101
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 23 (10,397 Views)

the beta version has wrked for me-I tested it after installing it with BOTH IM messaging my contacts AND ALSO video chatting and they can see and hear me-so video chating DOES WORK FOR ME with this beta 7 installation-thttp://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computbiter/windows/beta/  Install this latest version of skype which fixes this crashing issue-many of us had installed this version and it wrks--I by the way have windows 7/64bitry it  

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 178
Message 3 of 23 (10,389 Views)

It says page not found.^^
leslieallen101
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 23 (10,374 Views)

i had no problems until this morning AFTER i updated windows. go figure. im attempting the beta install now.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

if link doesnt work for whatever reason go to the download page and scroll down and hit the beta link.

schmellar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 23 (10,355 Views)

beta 5.7 solved the problem for me

schmellar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 23 (10,352 Views)

Oh my god thank you I fixed!!!
leslieallen101
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 23 (10,345 Views)

nattygirl32
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 23 (10,334 Views)

Many of u said u couldn't download the link cause there was a breakage in this link so I am re-posting it--If u read many of the posts concerning this skype crashing issue it has been recommended that u install the latest version of skype that includes adding ur facebook friends to ur contact list and it works-I can now IM message AND also video chat with all my contacts-I have tested it after the installation and it works fine-See other posts recommending this fix-I myself have windows 7-64 bit-heres the updated link(so sorry my original link had a breakage and couldnt be opened)http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/     THIS IS THE BETA 5.7 DOWNLOAD

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 178
Message 9 of 23 (10,326 Views)

thank you for the link of the beta version of skype!! im having the same issue today and im not sure why, tried everything and it didnt work except downloading the beta version

Caitlin2009
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 23 (10,301 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling