By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Skype crashing computer during video calls

Novel Adventurer

Though my computer is crashing with less frequency, it is still crashing as described above when I am using Skype Video.   Any other ideas to fix it?  I've attached both the 32 bit and the 64 bit DxDiag results

Flag for a Moderator
Message 11 of 16
Novel Adventurer

Techfreak, I'm having the same issue. I've attached the file as recommended.

Do you have any advice?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 12 of 16
Novel Adventurer

Can you also please help me?

SONY VAIO VGN-NS21M, windows  7-32b

After some short time of skype video call the laptop freezes and requires manual restart.

I have intentionally older version of skype because any newer version does not record teh pc's speakers (as the devise does not have stereo mix feature).

Attaching the dxdiag file

Thanks in advance

Flag for a Moderator
Message 13 of 16
Community Ambassador

andreas_spanish wrote:

Can you also please help me?

SONY VAIO VGN-NS21M, windows  7-32b

After some short time of skype video call the laptop freezes and requires manual restart.

I have intentionally older version of skype because any newer version does not record teh pc's speakers (as the devise does not have stereo mix feature).

Attaching the dxdiag file

Thanks in advance

Your video drivers may be the issue.  The drivers you have installed claim to be a 2017 release but they were actually released in October of 2009 (.1872).  The latest or last officially released drivers from Intel that support your exact chipset are from October 2012 (.2869).

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22163/a08/Win7Vista_151719.zip

Unzip and run the setup to install the drivers.  If the graphics drivers will not install due to supposed "incompatibility" or being not "validated" for your computer, extract the contents of the zip file then perform an update driver pointing to the driver's inf file in the expanded drivers folder.  The update process is similar to the below:

This may further help you. 

For the Intel display adapter in device manager:
Browse to the location you unzipped the file to using the Let me pick... - Have disk options and select the Graphics subfolder which contains the driver inf.  If given a list, force update the drivers as in the image but select Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family from the list.  

Flag for a Moderator
Message 14 of 16
Novel Adventurer

Thanks for the advice.

Another problem, is that my laptop used to work with an older skype version and it could pick up the speakers sound together with my voice speaking.

The new skype versions require the machine to have stereo mix option that my laptop hasn't!

Any idea what I can do?

The skype version I used to use was just locked today and I'm forced to update to the recent one, and then this creates some serious problem to my communication as I need to send also the speaker's sound during my calls.

Once more, thanks in advance

Flag for a Moderator
Message 15 of 16
Highlighted
Community Ambassador

andreas_spanish wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

Another problem, is that my laptop used to work with an older skype version and it could pick up the speakers sound together with my voice speaking.

The new skype versions require the machine to have stereo mix option that my laptop hasn't!

Any idea what I can do?

The skype version I used to use was just locked today and I'm forced to update to the recent one, and then this creates some serious problem to my communication as I need to send also the speaker's sound during my calls.

Once more, thanks in advance

If you are not getting the share system audio option, you can try to force Skype to function using the older Skype protocol so that you can hear background audio.  This applies to both audio and video.

https://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Logitech-c930e-Video-Quality/m-p/4551217/highl...

Flag for a Moderator
Message 16 of 16
Discussion Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation