Re: Skype crashing at start of call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype crashing at start of call

I have the same problem too. tried everything, but nothing works!

Amelie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 42 (1,464 Views)

I tried the beta version. It does NO good. Try again.

Steve1
Novel Adventurer
Message 22 of 42 (1,464 Views)

Re: Skype crashing at start of call-FIXED

THANKS VLADIMIR-V....Downloading 5.7 worked!

skypeuser11
Novel Adventurer
Message 23 of 42 (1,434 Views)

I was having the same issues, but I downloaded the 5.7 beta and so far it's working.

nikkic2
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 42 (1,417 Views)

I am having the same problem.. I get an error message that internet explorer has stopped working.... and will notify me when it finds a solution which it never does.  I have uninstalled and installed Skype. Updated my Internet 9  windows  and everything I can think of  to no avail.... NOTHING IS WORKING...  when I get connected and call my sister  the moment she answers  skype crashes... or when she calls me and the moment I answer  skype crashes... She has a Mac and it does not happen for her on other calls to other people...  what is up with that  Skype techs????  I am disabled and this is my link to the outside...... PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!!!  I hate the thought of going back to Yahoo but if I have to, to have communication I guess I will....

trellie6

trellie6
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 42 (1,368 Views)

I also want to add that the reason why I left yahoo in the first place was because I was so impressed with the quality of Skype video and sound as compared to any other messaging

site. I am quickly losing that good impression...

I was watching a news channel report where they were using skype to speak with a victim of a crime scene investigation live on the air .. and was unable to get good video  or sound 

and had to go on to another news item .. You could tell the news guy was irritated...

its not the first time it has happened... wonder how long skype will keep customers with that kind of quality? 

trellie6
Novel Adventurer
Message 26 of 42 (1,343 Views)

Try googling Skype 5.7 beta and installing that version. It seems to be working out.

I had the same problem of calling and then Skype immediatly crashing, so I hope this works out for you as well.

dbgoh
Novel Tourist
Message 27 of 42 (1,326 Views)

brianfpryor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 28 of 42 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try updating your flash player. It seems this issue has happened before.

[invalid URL]

BosM
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 42 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was having severe crashing issues as well, but thankfully the beta version did fix my issues.  It's too bad they couldn't put something on their help page for this issue, which is obviously affecting a lot of users.

For the Skype reps monitoring this thread, take a look at this

https://support.skype.com/en-us/search?q=skype+crashing

and consider adding a FAQ addressing this issue, so people can get their answers from the "Get Help: Answers and Support" link from within Skype rather than have to get frustrated and dig through forums.  It would go a long way towards reducing the frustration that you are getting from people in this and other threads, since this is how you recommend people using Skype actually get their support and answers.

Belrathius
Novel Adventurer
Message 30 of 42 (1,263 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling