Re: Skype and Netflix

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Skype and Netflix

So, I have Skype dates with my long distance girlfriend in which we like to watch shows together on Netflix. The problem is that as soon as the Skype conversation starts, the volume on Netflix cuts in half at least. I'm not sure if this is a problem on the Netflix or Skype side, but I would really appreciate any advice/help.

Accepted Solution

by taccat199

Hello,

I might have a answer. In the latest versions of windows there is a setting that will reduce the volume of normal applications like netflixs when a communication such as a skype call is started. The default state of this setting is to reduce other volume by half. To change this so that your volume will not be reduced at all you should go to:

In windows 7: right click the speaker and click sounds, go to the last tab and select Do Nothing.

In other versions go to sound property's and find a Communications section.

This is not a problem with netflix or skype just windows.

-Taccat199skype.PNG

View solution in original post
mrdandlyon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (3,615 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I might have a answer. In the latest versions of windows there is a setting that will reduce the volume of normal applications like netflixs when a communication such as a skype call is started. The default state of this setting is to reduce other volume by half. To change this so that your volume will not be reduced at all you should go to:

In windows 7: right click the speaker and click sounds, go to the last tab and select Do Nothing.

In other versions go to sound property's and find a Communications section.

This is not a problem with netflix or skype just windows.

-Taccat199skype.PNG

taccat199
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 3 (3,610 Views)

Oh man thank you so much! That was really bugging me.
mrdandlyon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (3,603 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling