By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Suddenly Won't Load! Windows 10.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

So, just recently my Skype stopped loading entirely. I've tried changing the name within the appdata folder, I've tried deleting the Temp. I've tried reinstalling among many other suggestions within the forums. What I find strange is that if I spam click Skype, it'll open. However! 

If I call someone it'll eventually just stop working. Any suggestions would be most welcome! I've attached the DXDIAG.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Casual Adventurer

Turns out that wasn't the problem at all. I've used the webcam all the way from W7.

I'd like to also point out, that the webcam has worked with windows 10 since the beginning.

I found the problem, which may be for others ended up being a security update that Windows 10 installed. After I removed it, I've had NO issues.

6 Replies
Casual Adventurer

Still having these problems without any reply.

Casual Adventurer

This is the error inside the Admin Events:

Faulting application name: Skype.exe, version: 7.30.0.105, time stamp: 0x582b3788
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256d37
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000da832
Faulting process ID: 0x224
Faulting application start time: 0x01d26bb742ea8e72
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: dab1e84d-4b33-46e1-8224-1cecfb73a0a3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Community Ambassador

The issue is caused by your LifeCam VX-5500 webcam. This webcam seems not to be compatible with Windows 10 systems.

Casual Adventurer

Turns out that wasn't the problem at all. I've used the webcam all the way from W7.

I'd like to also point out, that the webcam has worked with windows 10 since the beginning.

I found the problem, which may be for others ended up being a security update that Windows 10 installed. After I removed it, I've had NO issues.

Community Ambassador

Which security update did you uninstall to resolve the issue?

Casual Adventurer

Mine was Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3213986)

However, I've gotten rid of all the security updates after that problem.

Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation