By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Minimize Skype to system tray (no taskbar)

Novel Adventurer

Hello,

How to minimize Skype 6.0.0.126 to system tray in Windows 8 ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 49 (129,405 Views)
48 Replies
Super Aviator

In the menubar, Skype >> Close.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 49 (129,401 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I don't want the icon on my taskbar, only in system tray!

Message 3 of 49 (129,400 Views)
Super Aviator

try this.

Go to, Skype, Click Tools >> Options... >> Advanced settings >> Uncheck "Keep Skype in the taskbar while I'm signed in".

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 49 (129,396 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you. Solved!

Message 5 of 49 (129,391 Views)
Super Aviator

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 6 of 49 (129,388 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I came here with the same issue - i.e. I installed Skype, but no icon in my tray.

Checked options and was checked (points up).

Unchecked, saved, Checked, saved - and icon appeared.

Message 7 of 49 (129,363 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I've just found that Skype doesn't minimize to system tray if I use keyboard shortcut to Focus Skype, so If I use the keyboard shortcut to focus, then I use the shortcut once again it goes to the system tray but still remains on the taskbar, not good at all.

Message 8 of 49 (129,282 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I unchecked the "Keep Skype in the taskbar while I'm signed in" box and restarted Skype 6.0.0.126 but still seeing style minimized to taskbar instead of system tray in Windows 8. Any ideas?

Message 9 of 49 (129,132 Views)
Super Aviator

MediaGirl wrote:

I unchecked the "Keep Skype in the taskbar while I'm signed in" box and restarted Skype 6.0.0.126 but still seeing style minimized to taskbar instead of system tray in Windows 8. Any ideas?

In the menubar, Click Skype >> Close.

Regards,
Tamim

Message 10 of 49 (129,126 Views)
Discussion Stats