Re: Maximizing window on multiple monitors with di...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Maximizing window on multiple monitors with different resolutions

The problem has been there for quite a while now hoping that it gets fixed in an update.

So I have multiple monitors one at 1920x1080 and the other at 1280x1024. When I maximize the skype window on the smaller resolution monitor it seems to maximize to the size of the 1920x1080, thus a big part of the window not being visible when it is maximized.

Anyone else with this problem or know a fix for this?

Accepted Solution

by mazei
Well I played around with settings on Skype itself, apparently changing the window style from 'Skype' to 'Windows' solved the problem. Not sure why it happens when I set it to 'Skype' but as long as its fixed I'm fine.
View solution in original post
mazei
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (889 Views)

Re: Maximizing window on multiple monitors with different resolutions

I have the same configuation as you...one 1280x1024 monitor and one 1920x1080.  If I have Skype open on the smaller display and select full screen it goes to full screen in that monitor's resolution.  I can't duplicate your problem.

I know that's not much help but I think the issue is somehow with your diplay adapter's configuration, or drivers, or....????  But I don't think it's a Skype problem.

Display adapater here:  nVidia GeoForce 9800GT

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1889
Message 2 of 5 (874 Views)

Using a GTX 560 Ti here. The smaller screen is a VGA monitor while the larger screen is a DVI monitor. I'll try messing around with the Nvidia settings to figure something out. Thanks for the reply =)

mazei
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (867 Views)

Well I played around with settings on Skype itself, apparently changing the window style from 'Skype' to 'Windows' solved the problem. Not sure why it happens when I set it to 'Skype' but as long as its fixed I'm fine.
mazei
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (864 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Posted from Apple iPad
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1889
Message 5 of 5 (857 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling