By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to unblock Messenger contacts?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Adventurer

Great, except I've uninstalled Messenger.  :-(

Message 11 of 54 (2,759 Views)
Novel Adventurer

hehe that's easy. just reinstall. I did. You have to google for a download as it is not available anymore from Microsoft as a stand alone download.  Not too hard though and well worth the effort to fix the annoying problem

Message 12 of 54 (2,749 Views)
Novel Tourist

This solution actually worked!  Thank you.

Message 13 of 54 (2,734 Views)
Novel Adventurer
No problem. You'd think someone from Skype could have provided the explanation/ solution ). I guess they just don't know what they are doing lol. Maybe I need a career change lol
Message 14 of 54 (2,724 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Having found in the community how to unblock a contact successfully, I'm having  a problem of trying to block a contact through "People", "Manage", "Limit Access", I type the messenger contact name, but nothing happens.

I also tried in "People" highlight the contact and in the menu selected "Block" and again nothing.

Any way of rectifying this?

Message 15 of 54 (2,594 Views)
Super Aviator

Use WebIM 

WebIM works with hotmail.com

If you're using Outlook.com then you can try to switching back to Hotmail and use WebIM.

Click on the Settings (gear icon) >> Switch back to Hotmail

Select the Contact then Click on Appear offline to this person.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 16 of 54 (2,591 Views)
Casual Tourist

I had the same problem and your answer solved it. Thanks a lot!!

Message 17 of 54 (2,574 Views)
Novel Adventurer
You're a genius!
Message 18 of 54 (2,556 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I had to sign in and out of both skype and msn (twice i guess) for the unblocking to take effect. You're a genius! THANK YOU
Message 19 of 54 (2,555 Views)
Casual Tourist

Great Tamim, I can see my contacts. They are the same as my list of contacts on Skype, though some on Skype are marked as blocked. On 'your' list it says nothing about my contacts except their basic details including their MSN address. How do I unblock them?

Philip

Message 20 of 54 (2,512 Views)
Discussion Stats