By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to clear chat history ?

Novel Tourist

Hi .. I am new to skype and I want to clear my chat history. Is anyone here could show me how to do that? thanks

Message 1 of 48 (801,973 Views)
47 Replies
Former Ambassador

Click on Tools > Options > IM & SMS and the Clear history button.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 2 of 48 (801,953 Views)
Novel Tourist
how to clear conversation history in skype
go to tools----->options---->privacy click clear history tab.
your history will be clean
to find more sulution www. latesttechnologyguide.com
Message 3 of 48 (753,485 Views)
Casual Tourist
Hi, i want it to work like live messenger. i.e when you close the window, all history is cleared.

secondly, or i must open another topic, when i sign in in two places, i do no want my chat msgs to appear in both places. i do not want my colleagues in office to view when i am typing on my mobile when i'm away.
Message 4 of 48 (737,497 Views)
Novel Tourist

i have the same question. How set skype client for automatically deleting history when i close the chat window? Its possible anyway?

Message 5 of 48 (725,104 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer

I don't think that's possible, but that's just me. Log out of your desctop account when you aren't using it

Message 6 of 48 (725,084 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Is there away to remove the chat with just 1 person.. individual chat ?

g4pilut wrote:

Message 7 of 48 (714,782 Views)
Community Ambassador

Thomas7 wrote:

Is there away to remove the chat with just 1 person.. individual chat ?

g4pilut wrote:

Not by using Skype application, but this is possible with 3rd party programs as e.g. SkypeX:

http://bryancockerham.com/skypex-delete-skype-messages.php

With very little technical experience, you can also edit your main.db chat databse:

http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/Delete-a-conversation/m-p/743928/highlight/true#M43...

Message 8 of 48 (714,646 Views)
Casual Adventurer

arghh this question drives me mad and I have tried to help a couple of other users who have mentioned the same problem.  Why o why havent skype added this what appears to be a basic function is beyond me but the only solution seems to be from a third party application like the one mentioned above (which was still in testing the last time i looked) or chatzap (which is what I use and works great) found here iscreamsoftware.com.

Message 9 of 48 (682,471 Views)
Casual Tourist
Skype say message clean karma hain
Message 10 of 48 (295,316 Views)
Discussion Stats