By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I get the skype icon on my desktop. Where is it??

Casual Tourist

Message 1 of 50 (33,678 Views)
49 Replies
Novel Tourist

i have no clue either, i have an account, but cant get the icon on my laptop after i got my new harddrive and i cant get the icon back to pin it to my task bar on windows7 ultimate, how do i do this?

Message 2 of 50 (33,616 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi,  I have a skype account. How do I get started. I have no desk top icon to open the menu page for contacts.

Message 3 of 50 (33,465 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

theginge96 wrote:

i have no clue either, i have an account, but cant get the icon on my laptop after i got my new harddrive and i cant get the icon back to pin it to my task bar on windows7 ultimate, how do i do this?

This is a "Video on Mac" forum. You might try the Windows forum for PC questions...

Message 4 of 50 (33,459 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

Hi franrosenthal:

The Skype application that you downloaded should be in your applications folder, but wherever you downloaded it, go find it and drag it on to your desktop/dock

Message 5 of 50 (33,454 Views)
Novel Tourist
i have re installed skype trying to get the skype icon and i still have not received the icon please help
billmurray111
Message 6 of 50 (33,311 Views)
Novel Tourist

I can access my account but have no Skype icon and phone pad - nor can I bring up all my contacts

Message 7 of 50 (33,308 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

You use Skype via the downloaded application (.dmg file), not through your account on the website. You did download the app., didn't you?

Message 8 of 50 (33,300 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have to re-install Skype every time I want to use it. Where is the Skype support? Obviously this is a known issue. A clear answer would be appreciated. I'm on an iMac btw.
Message 9 of 50 (31,387 Views)
Novel Adventurer
skype icon on my screen
Message 10 of 50 (30,666 Views)
Discussion Stats