By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I delete old messages?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

I just wanted to delete some old messages that I had with a friend. Can you tell me how?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎22-10-2015 21:46

Skype currently does not allow to delete just the local history of an individual conversation. You can delete all your conversation history open the menu Tools > Options > IM & SMS and then press the "Clear history" button. NB: This will only delete the local conversation history. If you sign in to your Skype account from a different device the last 30 days of conversation history will be synchronized from the cloud chat servers.

Tipp:

If you want to delete an individual instant message you can do that up to 2 hours after you sent it. See the section "Useful things you can do in an IM conversation" here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3271/how-do-i-send-an-instant-message-in-skype-for-windows-deskto...

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 168 of 209 (49,625 Views)
208 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I do too I can't fine any where to do that

Message 2 of 209 (930,455 Views)
Novel Adventurer

* find

Message 3 of 209 (930,453 Views)
Novel Tourist
Hi just go to the Privacy Settings and choose Clear History. Warning: it will delete everyone's!
Message 4 of 209 (930,345 Views)

What privacy settings? Where?

Message 5 of 209 (929,850 Views)
Novel Adventurer
How do I delete old messages?
Message 6 of 209 (929,277 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Click on Tools, then Options.

Then select Privacy.

Then select Show Advanced Options.

Then select either Clear History, and/or how long you want history kept for.

Message 7 of 209 (929,229 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you. I should have checked further before I asked, as the answer was already posted!

Message 8 of 209 (929,179 Views)
Novel Adventurer

how to delete meseges from skype

Message 9 of 209 (910,243 Views)
Super Aviator

huckelberry88 wrote:

how to delete meseges from skype

In Skype, Click Tools >> Options... >> Im&SMS >> Advanced Options >> Clear history 

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 10 of 209 (126,788 Views)