By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I delete old messages?

Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

I just wanted to delete some old messages that I had with a friend. Can you tell me how?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎22-10-2015 21:46

Skype currently does not allow to delete just the local history of an individual conversation. You can delete all your conversation history open the menu Tools > Options > IM & SMS and then press the "Clear history" button. NB: This will only delete the local conversation history. If you sign in to your Skype account from a different device the last 30 days of conversation history will be synchronized from the cloud chat servers.

If you want to delete an individual instant message you can do that up to 2 hours after you sent it. See the section "Useful things you can do in an IM conversation" here:

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 168 of 207 (44,073 Views)
206 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I do too I can't fine any where to do that

Message 2 of 207 (925,027 Views)
Novel Adventurer

* find

Message 3 of 207 (925,025 Views)
Novel Tourist
Hi just go to the Privacy Settings and choose Clear History. Warning: it will delete everyone's!
Message 4 of 207 (924,917 Views)

What privacy settings? Where?

Message 5 of 207 (924,422 Views)
Novel Adventurer
How do I delete old messages?
Message 6 of 207 (923,849 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Click on Tools, then Options.

Then select Privacy.

Then select Show Advanced Options.

Then select either Clear History, and/or how long you want history kept for.

Message 7 of 207 (923,801 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you. I should have checked further before I asked, as the answer was already posted!

Message 8 of 207 (923,751 Views)
Novel Adventurer

how to delete meseges from skype

Message 9 of 207 (904,815 Views)
Super Aviator

huckelberry88 wrote:

how to delete meseges from skype

In Skype, Click Tools >> Options... >> Im&SMS >> Advanced Options >> Clear history 

Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 10 of 207 (121,360 Views)