By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

How can I get rid of apps.skype.com pop-ups

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Casual Tourist

ridiculous number of pop-upsridiculous number of pop-upsFor the last few months I have been getting web pop-ups from apps.skype.com whenever I click on a skype chat window.

I've been unable to block these at work as the settings for blocking/unblocking websites are restricted to our IT team.
Having just come back from holiday I've now been unable to use my pc for over 10 minutes whilst various pop-ups have loaded (some but not all of the pop-ups I received today are in the screenshot above).
Why are these pop-ups occurring and how can I remove them? As stated I can't block the address, though I should not have to do this anyway in order to disable an annoying feature like this.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador

Those type of pop-ups should never occur.  This behavior usually occurs due to improper browser settings made by a 3rd party application or web browser. 

To resolve the issue, the following would have to be performed (possibly by your IT department):

1.  Reset your IE settings to default in IE or Internet options 

2.  Reset IE as your default browser.

This is to correct whatever is improperly configured.  At this point reinstalling the latest version of Skype can help make any other proper adjustments.

Testing Skype out again, the problem should not reoccur.  From that point you can change your default web browser back to the browser of your choice.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 2
1 Reply
Community Ambassador

Those type of pop-ups should never occur.  This behavior usually occurs due to improper browser settings made by a 3rd party application or web browser. 

To resolve the issue, the following would have to be performed (possibly by your IT department):

1.  Reset your IE settings to default in IE or Internet options 

2.  Reset IE as your default browser.

This is to correct whatever is improperly configured.  At this point reinstalling the latest version of Skype can help make any other proper adjustments.

Testing Skype out again, the problem should not reoccur.  From that point you can change your default web browser back to the browser of your choice.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 2
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation