Re: Cannot send or recieve contact requests

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Cannot send or recieve contact requests

Hi,

We have an issue with my skype login eg1.london.  Whenever we send a contact request, the recipient is unable to see that request.  Nor can that login recieve contact requests.  With the same two machines we logged in as different users and were able to send and recieve friend requests. 

Please point us to the right direction,

thank you

Accepted Solution

by ruwim

I have sent a contact request to you and it was accepted. I was able to see you as being “Online”. However, after a few minutes it again appeared as not yet accepted. Have you deleted this new contact?

View solution in original post
solte98
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 26 (7,582 Views)

When you are saying "different user", do you mean by this different Windows user or different Skype user?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7410
Message 2 of 26 (7,472 Views)

apologies,

when I say different user, we mean different skype user/profiles.  If we logonto eg1.london under a few different windows usernames and different PC's then the same issue occurs.

if we logon as a different skype username, then sending and recieving contacts is not a problem.

The problem has only been identified today.

solte98
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 26 (7,466 Views)

Are you absolutely sure that you are not on a blocked contacts list? Try to send a contact request to Echo123 (Skype audio test service).

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 26 (7,458 Views)

No,

we did check the test recipient settings under the blocked list and eg1.london was not there.  We have added echo123, but does the same rule apply to adding echo123.

if you want, try adding eg1.london (I will delete if we have a successful contact request... )

solte98
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 26 (7,455 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have sent a contact request to you and it was accepted. I was able to see you as being “Online”. However, after a few minutes it again appeared as not yet accepted. Have you deleted this new contact?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 26 (7,448 Views)

Hi,

yes I saw the contact and was happy with the result.  I am now going to be testing again soon.  This was probably a temporary issue... but we had three skype calls scheduled today that contacts thought we were late for because they thought we did not accept them OR we thought they did not accept us.

So we had to follow up the issue as we have 4-5 calls for tomorrow.

thank you for your assistance

solte98
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 26 (7,444 Views)

[ Edited ]

is their a xxxxxxxxxx telephone numbr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx customer support phone number

im so xxxxxxxxxxxxxx fired up
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

markgoodban2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 26 (7,397 Views)

markgoodban2 wrote:

is their a xxxxxxxxxx telephone numbr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcustomer support

Hello,

Kindly watch your language. 

You are expected to maintain a helpful, respectful tone when posting. Opinions are welcome, but they may not escalate into flaming and rudeness against Skype, its staff, other forum members or any other party.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

SKYPE MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1228
Message 9 of 26 (7,355 Views)

skype needs to reprogram the contact box its not working !

my other existing contacts work ok

my connection is ok

when can we have a fix on this problem please?

lots of people are waiting to get on line with SKYPE!

is Microsoft buying out SKYPE?

posted  2012 march 2            4:09pm

contactbxng
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 26 (7,332 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling