By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Selective status availability to contacts

It would be great if possible to choose what contacts in my contact list could see my online status.

24 Comments
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think the title of your idea is a bit misleading. Just to double check I understand you correctly:

You want to be able to select for each contact in your contact list whether they can see you as online, right? So the idea description would be something like "Selective status availability to contacts"

dr.agisic
Novel Adventurer

Yes, this what I need. Or alternative to be able to form some user groups, and than filter online status for certain groups.

Athena1
Novel Adventurer
Hi Claudius, "Selective status availability to contacts" I have wanted this for a long time. Specifically, I have family contacts and business contacts. Often, after hours, I want my family contacts to see me on line and available but I do not want my business contacts to know that I am available otherwise business contacts call me at all hours. I am often abroad and not in UK, so my procedure now, after business hours, is become invisible and for my UK family to call me on a landline so that I can call them back on Skype. It's very annoying ... and, if I am in Australia or Mid East, very expensive for them. This gets my vote ............
Mirunan Staff
Staff

This is a great idea!  To make sure we understand how you would leverage this scenario, could you help me undersatnd how you would want to manage updating the statuses for each of the contacts/groups? 

dr.agisic
Novel Adventurer
Vell for example. I could assign every single contact to particular group. Groups could be, family, work...Than I could choose for every single group my status. For example, visible for family, invisible (offline) for work group etc. I think this isn't too hard to make, and would be veeeery useful.
Mirunan Staff
Staff

Great thank you, this helps to clarify!

Mirunan Staff
Staff
Status changed to: Under consideration
Thank you for your feedback and helping to clarify the scenarios!
kutzki
Casual Tourist

This seems like a really good idea.

tom_mtl
Casual Tourist

I really miss this feature from Windows Live Messenger.

Since it was discontinued and replaced with Skype, you would think that this feature would be given a high priority.

gascity
Casual Tourist

When using Call phone, why save # before call is made? I don't need to save all #'s dialed or added to my contact list.