By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

This idea has been archived. The current active ideas can be found in the Skype Idea Exchange

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

174 Comments
Novel Adventurer

Seriously, guys. Skype HAS gone downhill over the past few years. What a disappointment. Why would you remove some of our most favorite ways to engage with people??

PUT BACK THOSE IMAGES! It was not broken. Don't "fix" it. Skype is losing it's "coolness".

What a shame. I'm actually surprised that you haven't pulled (mooning). (thank goodness!)

Please--listen to this feedback. Give us back the FUN.

Novel Tourist

Only MS would pull this kind of stunt.  Really, people?  Stop trying to prevent someone from being offended, because the people tat are glad these emoticons were removed are likely the types that will find something else to be offended at.

Hey, here is an idea, why not put filters in that will not allow you to type anthing that might be offensive?  You should also disable the video chat and voice chat features, as someone might say or show something that might be offensive to some.  Oh the horror!

Casual Adventurer

Please bring back fubar, the finger and all other removed icons!! :mad:

Novel Tourist
i want them also back - the were not offensive.
Novel Tourist

I had to update my Skype version because I was having troubles with group chats when one person had the latest version.

I've just realized the (finger) emoticon was removed from latest version.. so I'm downgrading to the previous version I was using.

I WIL NOT use a newer version until they put back those "missing" emoticons.

Novel Tourist

Bring 'em back!!  (facepalm)

Tourist

I find it ridiculous that people would even complain about such miniscule and irrelevant details. Talk about madness! Please bring the icons back. I love the tongue-in-cheek manner of those little smileys. Nothing offensive about them at all. Also, how is it "offensive" if they were never even on the "seen" list to begin with? These smileys were hidden, and for good reason too. They are only used by people with a sense of humour! Complainers, get off your high horse please.

Casual Tourist

I feel offended by the fact that these emoticons removed, what do you think about skype? Or is that Skype developers have overtaken my right to express myself?

Routine Adventurer

To be honest i completely disagree.

"they changed it now it sucks" is generaally not a nice or intelligent thing to say.

What i propose instead is something that MSN Messenger used to have (and since skype is regretfully Microsoft now it wouldn't be too difficult to implement the same thing here too):

Have the shortcuts for smiley's be set by the user. It could be an option under "animate emotes", since there's enough room. I'm not necessarily saying that completely custim emotes should be enabled as that could impair speed, functionality and security, but at least the shortcuts could definitely be user decided.

This would take care of :S completely illogically being a scared face too.

Novel Tourist

This is incredible. I'm at work and i wanted to give the finger to a supplier because he is trully late on deliveries and replied me back with some bull**bleep**. And now i found it's been removed because some feelings? I think we should remove all the offensive words from the dictionary because somebody will find the "offensive".

Give me a break. Get the finger back! And also the other good ones! They were already "secret" and that was fine, if somebody wanted to used it, he had to do the homework and find online the code.