By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

This idea has been archived. The current active ideas can be found in the Skype Idea Exchange

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

174 Comments
LMW7
Novel Tourist

Please bring back the emotes that were removed, and for the ones of us who don't like these emotes, please don't use them. I would really appreciate it if people would not push skype to only work for themselves. And if you experience a troll of sorts, deal with them on your own, not make skype fit to you. There are so many of us who just use skype for personal reasons so please keep that in mind - if I want to have fun with my friends and use certain, emotes I should be able to. And if it's such a problem then let's not be partial, lets remove all seemingly fun emotes like (mooning) or even (drink) & (smoke). Please just bring back the ones that were taken away. Please.

Posis
Novel Tourist

(finger) all who are happy about removing emotions!!!

simonfloris
Tourist
We ( me and my collegues at work) want finger and wtf back, too.
radamantyz
Novel Tourist

bring back the old emoticons... (fubar) (finger) (wtf) ....

and remove the ":3" emoticon, it's horrible, i don't think anyone would use that,

leopolda
Novel Voyager
Thanks For I get Skype Back with All my friend and Family anna h
leopolda
Novel Voyager

I love my Skype  with all my friends  and Family

Archammer
Casual Tourist

Put those emotes back before I give you the (finger)!

el_foz
Casual Adventurer

Are you gonna remove the letters k, c, u and f from keyboards too?

Put the finger back! And the rest of the cool smileys that were there.

grm.rulez
Casual Tourist

I really don't understand why all icons, new and removed once, could not be present on the same skype version. That's the plus of skype. Moreover there are more icons missing, for instance a "superstitious" icon.

MikPal
Novel Tourist

Hey Skype,

I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how everytime I write 4:3, an aspect ratio of a square TV that I have to use in my work talk, and it comes out as 4(cat). It's just SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute that I have to go and make them 4: 3 opnly because on of your employes thought it was CUUUUUUUUTE to have a term ":3", that is say used in for example normal mathematical calculations, turn into a cat. No problem at all.

I just hope the persons who thought of it and approved it, will be flogged.