By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

This idea has been archived. The current active ideas can be found in the Skype Idea Exchange

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

174 Comments
Novel Tourist
+1 Pleeeease, bring them back! I can't communicate with my work mates properly anymore since you have removed them. They've been there for years and they have to stay!!!!
Novel Tourist

I agree, bring back the emoticons and stop be so bloody politically correct.

And if there are those who are offened by them I say (finger)!!!
You don't HAVE to use them.
But don't deny me the use of them because your "offence" does not outweigh my genuine offence at this hamfisted nannying!

Novel Adventurer

Please, this is utterly ridiculous! Bring back the emoticons that we have been using for years!

Why would you in any way want to interfere into a PRIVATE communication of two people who chose by their own free will to talk over Skype!? What could be any reasonable explanation for this!?

Also, add as many new as you like, but please do not change the syntax which is so clean, clear and obvious for any Skype user. This also avoids any surprises with new emoticons, if it is not in parentheses, it is not an emoticon, that simple!

Novel Tourist

This is sooooo dumb, (wtf) Microsoft? Removing stuff? Did you look first how many people were actually using these icons in their messages?

All I can say is ... (finger)

Novel Tourist

First you take MSN away from us where I lost my own emotes. Now you take away some of my favourites, in particular (finger).

Unimpressed

Put them back!

Novel Tourist

Please bring back finger and wtf.. Me and my friend have been using that for over a year and we were devastated to see it got removed... RIP finger and wtf

Tourist
I'm totally agree !
Novel Tourist

Don't be that **bleep** and restore the old emotes :3

Novel Adventurer

i registered here only to give kudos to this, i loved those emoticon

Casual Tourist

@AlexanderPD

Did the same. Registered because I find this utterly ridiculous and if there's a chance voicing my opinion will bring the smileys back, I would like to participate. If the icon's pontetial to offend someone is such an issue, add an option to disable certain icons.